Monday, March 17, 2008

Entrelac socks


I'm posting a pix of one sock because I'm off to Ireland in the morning..a wee emergency has come up! I booked my ticket Thursday. Tomorrow is my travel day....drive to Pittsburgh...then Pittsburgh to Newark..Newark to Belfast!!! (I'm dreading this, but maybe it'll be okay!!!) I maybe won't be back for a while!!!
Anyhow, I hope to finish #2 sox there... or the airport would be a good place but I can't remember their knitting needle rules and regulations!!!!
This was my first attempt at entrelac, and I loved it! No need to knit backwards....just a lot of turning!
Pattern:-Annetrelac Socks by Sandy Beadle from 'Interweave Knits Gifts' Holiday 2007. ( I've also knit the 'Little Gems Mitts' and have earmarked other patterns from this (great) edition. )
I used a tubular/sometimes called a kitchener cast on.
Needles:-Sz #1 and #0 DP's
Yarn:- Opal handpaint 'Fall Melody' (The camera doesn't do this yarn justice) It really does look like fall foliage!!!! (On sale at 'Little Knits...fast becoming my favourite site to buy yarn.)
This pattern called for 72sts down to 48sts and the back to 72!! I should probably have cast on 60-64 my usual amount. ( using 72sts was the reason I knit the instep using the 0's.) Don't be afraid to try entrelac...it's really a pleasure.
Happy knitting and happy St. Patrick's Day
Mags.
Hope to be back soon.

5 comments:

Lou said...

Just don't get arrested by the TSA because of the needles! We do want you to come back. :)

Love ya and we'll miss ya!

silfert said...

That sock is awesome! Have a safe trip and bring back pictures if circumstances warrant!

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the TV Digital, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://tv-digital-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.

Jackie said...

love the colour, very nice !

Jackie said...

Oh, this is a very nice colour. Nice work! (Entrelac is not easy to knit)