Monday, February 11, 2008

Promises kept





Here are Lou's sox. He asked me if I could repair them. Really, I wanted him to just pitch them but when he said something about these being his favourite and his first pair from me.......I relented.


Well, I hate darning....and the lump I leave. Image how that feels underfoot! Sooo...I decided to cut off just above the hole...pick up the stitches and go from there.


The whole process wasn't too bad. Some of the stitches were stuck together but I just pried them apart with a crochet hook and the rest was easy. Would I do it again...maybe...I mean it really does beat knitting another pair..and I kept my promise to try.

Happy knitting..or repairing,

Mags


3 comments:

Lou said...

YEAH!

They look awesome. Cant' wait to feel them on my poor cold feet. ;)

See you this weekend!

silfert said...

Whoo! Go, "sole sister"!

Jackie said...

You mend this ? It looks like a new sock.