Sunday, December 2, 2007

Mommy and the 'wee man's' sox...

I knit these for my stylist, colourist, brow -waxer!!! A Christmas gift.
Now I don't normally knit for folk who aren't related unless they are really good friends of mine ( and then they know that I have a knitting foible) because most people just don't understand the blood sweat and tears that go into knit gifts!!
I do not say that lightly...anyhow, I am hoping she'll see them as a novelty (gift)...as in wearing matching sox with her wee man!!!
Yarn:- Opal Rainforest collection
Colour:-Raupe (Caterpillar)
Sz:- #1 DP's
I just made up the pattern as I went along. I cast on 65 sts for Mom's and 45 sts for the wee man's!! I'm not sure how old he is....possibly 8months or so. I measured a pair of sox at 'Target' the 12-24 month size so I hope they fit..Mom is very tiny so I went with a K3,P2 cuff thru instep..this way the sox would hug her feet....same with the wee man's!!
Not much else on the knitting front...a few more gifts and I'll start a BIG project..UMM..maybe!!
Happy knitting,
Mags.
As usual another lousy pix!!!

6 comments:

Jackie said...

Oh, cute ! and handmade gifts are best.

silfert said...

Pistachio tiger! Sounds like a fun new ice cream flavor...Don't you just love being able to "make it up as you go"? Sometimes you get the best results that way.

silfert said...

You're sharper than your knitting needles; you figured it out 100%! :)

silfert said...

Well, except for the drooling...that was a figurative thing... ;)

bobbi said...

i'm impressed to say the least!

Jackie said...

Merry Christmas !