Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Fuzzy feet..

Fuzzy feet for the family...

Pattern from knitty.com, Winter 2002 issue with some modifications:-
I used (Araucania) Nature wool chunky, (mostly leftovers from the' stained glass' bag!)
Sz#8 DP's (If you have never knit a sox and want to try,this is an ideal pattern for learning how to turn a heel..pick up stitches..etc.. and any mistakes are felted away.)
I used a crochet cast on and after 14 rows picked up the live stitches and knit these with the ones on the needles to make a cuff.
I also carried a little fun fur with the yarn for Cath's and for the wee boys' I cut down on the number of stitches cast on. Because they have hardwood floors throughout their house, I also sewed on anti skid soles I made from material bought at JoAnn's..you know the stuff used for 'footie pj's'.
Needless to say they were all thrilled and the fuzzy feet were a big hit!!!!!
Merry Christmas.
Happy knitting,
Mags.

P.S. Thanks to Lou's new Nikon D300 camera for the great picture!

4 comments:

bobbi said...

cute feet.
what would we do without our digital camera?

Jackie said...

Merry Christmas !

A happy family feet parade, love it.

silfert said...

Definitely happy feet! I'll have to try that after I find the Jaywalker pattern.

silfert said...

Get a bottle of eucalyptus essential oil, heat a pan of water until steaming, remove from stove and add about five drops of the oil. Drape a towel over your head and the pan to catch and breathe in the steam. It's one of my favorite remedies for "the greens". Consult your doctor and blah, blah, blah. ;)