Monday, November 12, 2007

Little gems mitts....

Pattern:-Little Gems Mitts by Donna Kay from Interweave Knits, 'Holiday Gifts' 2007.
Yarn:-Finullgarn wool Gray and Cream (Gifted to me by my 'Sockaplooza' pal Magni from Norway. (Thanks!)
(I used 50grams total and have enough left for another pair using cream as the main colour.)
Sz 1 : D/P's
These are knit in the round with an afterthought thumb. (This was the first thumb of this type for me but I just trusted the pattern and it worked okay.) I also did a twisted rib instead of the usual K1,P1.
You were supposed to use maybe 5 different colours for the colour-work but I used just one and stranded the yarn ...even over 6 stitches...I just was aware of my tension at that one place on every eighth row!!! Do you notice the center stitch in the cream block...doesn't it look like a little heart..awww......so they could hold the love you need..well...at least the warmth!!!
I enjoyed knitting these and they went fast. I did find the individual fingers very 'fiddly.' (I don't think there is such a word but you get the idea!!!)
Okay, moving on to something else.
Happy knitting.

6 comments:

Cate said...

For meeeee?! I can't wait--baby, it's cold outside!

Jackie said...

it's lovely!

silfert said...

Oh, fiddly is absolutely a real word! Every knitter I know has come across a fiddly pattern. Looks like this one was worth the effort.

bobbi said...

great job!

Jackie said...

A peekaboo mitten is going to finish soon. Looking for another mitten pattern to knit for cycyling. this might be the one.

bobbi said...

very nice!