Friday, November 9, 2007

Sienna, with a twist.....



Seamed and I love it. Maybe it was the yarn, but I took my time seaming and I was pleased with the outcome. The sleeves are a little long but it's so warm!!!

I wore it Wednesday night when I went out with my friend Elaine and she raved about it..awww..but what does she know...she can't knit a stitch!!!!

Brrrrrrrr..do you see the snow on the ground...it had melted some when we took this pix!! So I guess I finished the cardi just in time.

Pattern:- Sienna Cardigan by Anne E. Smith

(Interweave knits Fall 2006)

Yarn:-Tahki Kerry 50% wool 50%alpaca..colour Sage.

approx. 9 skeins

Needles:- Sz 9 straight and circs (for the collar)

Modifications:- a 4 st (mirror) cable instead of the fagot lace cable.

(I did the right and left fronts first and counted rows!!! )

This knit up fairly fast.

Up next...some Christmas gifts.

Happy knitting,

Mags

4 comments:

Jackie said...

a very nice sweater and colour too.

it sure keep u warmth !

silfert said...

Oooooo AND drool!

Cate said...

So pretty--looks warm and cozy--perfect for all that snow! xo

bobbi said...

very nice. especially for someone that is not a sweater knitter lover as i am too.
great job, glad it over and you love it.