Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Blame it on 'Ravelry'


What's this...!! Doesn't the button in the left hand corner proclaim "I am not a SWEATER knitter"
So what's up???
Well I took a seaming class and feeling full of myself decided to re seam my red 'Sienna'..just the set in sleeves, since I didn't feel they were up to par!!
What a disaster...I cut a stitch and unravelled more than the seam...yeah, some of the (R) front. I could have wept!!! I tried to mend it, using a duplicate stitch, darning etc....but no luck...it looks sooo shoddy!!! And I loved that sweater too. Oh well, I'll try and rip it (all) out and reuse the yarn for something else!!
Meantime I swatched some of my stash...namely:-
Tahki Kerry colour Sage (bought for the 'Spartan Pullover' a long, long time ago)..used Size #9 needles and got guage...(wow)...I did do a 'four stitch cable' up the front edges instead of the 'cabled faggot lace.' At present, I'm working on the sleeves. The seaming prospect looms large for me but fear is not in my vocabulary..at least not yet!!
I have been eyeing 'Mr Greenjeans' from Knitty for my next project....well a least it's top down and in the round!!!
Did I say I wasn't a sweater knitter??? What can it be....I can't understand why I'm drooling over cardi's etc..I blame it on 'Ravelry' where everyone is so industrious and their work is beautiful...just the motivation I need!!!!
I do have one lonesome sox on the needles.
Happy knitting,
Mags
(Sorry the pix is so crappy. Clearly, there is something also wrong with the date or I'm still living in the past!!!!)

4 comments:

Cate said...

What--YOU not a sweater knitter?! Tell that to all of us who have benefited! In fact, today, I wore a sweater that you knit --the green boatneck. Keep the love coming!

bobbi said...

i just finished blocking a sweater and now need to seam. NEVER AGAIN WILL I KNIT A SWEATER, (I hope)
so i can relate

silfert said...

Welcome to the wonderful world of Knitter Evolution!

Jackie said...

Nice try....keep on knitting, by the time you know it, you have knitted the whole world...