Monday, July 30, 2007

Knitted 'rag' bag




Doesn't this little bag look familiar...it is based on the felted..em..duffel, but is a little bag knitted with 2 different fabric strips. The 'Grand Poobah' tied the strips together for me and then wound them into balls..aw..."thanks honey." (He told me his Grandma crocheted rugs from fabric strips. She made her strips from old clothes.) Wow..at least my strips were pre-cut!!!
It is 7' tall and the base is 7" across.
I lined the bag, (I love the striped fabric...almost like ticking) knit an i-cord with the strips for a handle. The bag could be used to carry a small project and I'm going to send it to my sock pal. Working with fabric strips was very hard on my hands (no give with fabric, or very little) or maybe it was the sz 10 1/2 needles??
Tonight I will wash the bag....who knows..this could be a disaster..hence the pix!!!
The last two weeks are a blur. We had the grand kids ( 6 and 4) and boy, after chasing them, doing laundry, cooking, etc,etc, and keeping them entertained I was worn out. My "hat's off " to all the young folks with families, who still manage to knit and write a blog....I'm still recovering, but really we had a ball!!
I just haven't been blogging and I'm still working on the 2nd., 'Merino Lace Socks' I could dub these my 'forever' project!!!
Happy knitting,
Mags

3 comments:

bobbi said...

great looking bag. i can't wait to see how it felts.
i'm going to knit the Merino socks one of these days

Lou said...

Nice bag. Love the colors. Also, thanks for having the boys. They still miss being at your house. Can't wait to see you again soon!

silfert said...

Too cute to be a disaster!