Saturday, February 19, 2011

Fabric covered clothesline basket
















I was just playing around on the internet when I saw these fabric covered bowls/baskets and I wanted one.
Since mine is a first attempt...it's really rough.
I had some fabric strips, and so I just bought some cotton clothesline. If you decide to make one do buy cotton..nylon covered line isn't recommended because you will break your sewing machine needles!
You cover the line with your fabric and do a section of about 12" to 18" and then using a zig-zag stitch start forming your bowl or basket.
Wrapping the line with fabric and cutting the strips was really time consuming....at least for me!
If you decide to make one, look on the net, there are lots of tutorials.
You know, I think I will try to make a tote bag, although really I should try to stay focused on one project at a time!
Happy knitting everyone.
Mags.


3 comments:

Nancy said...

I think you did a great job......it's very pretty....I have wanted to try one but have too many other projects started right now......I will though.....

Thanks for the visit today.....

Beads2yarn said...

This basket is great I love it. Beautiful & useful..

Beads2yarn said...

Thanks for your sweet words, they really are appreciated. Got me out of my goofy mood. where would I be without my artist friends.
Thanks again, Pam