Wednesday, February 9, 2011

22.5 degrees


While I was waiting for my yarn order I decided to cast on something. I was debating knitting socks or a scarf.
I wanted something not too big, not too complicated and would work using wildly variegated sock yarn.
I bought this yarn from http://www.littleknits.com/ and as it was such a good deal I couldn't pass it up. That was when I first started knitting socks and I've had it for ages.....I just didn't know what it wanted to be.
Some patterns don't work with yarn this colourful, but this one is a perfect marriage of yarn and pattern.
Yarn:-Opal Neon Colour#1932. This is a mix of blues, reds, pinks and a little purple.
Needles:-Sz#3
This is a free pattern and I loved knitting it. I started with 3 sts and I stopped at 349sts.
I was afraid I would run out of yarn and I wanted to do the lovely little scalloped edge. This little edge looks a lot like crochet but it is knitted. I had 10 grams of yarn before I started the scallops and 4 grams left after I cast off.
All in all a lovely mindless knit.
I will give this scarf to Lindsay, our waitress at our Saturday morning knitting group. You see I have knit something for everyone and Lindsay does love a scarf.
I finally got my yarn I had on order and I have just started my next project....yeah!!
Happy knitting everyone.
Mags.

1 comment:

Nancy said...

Beautiful shawl.......

Your blog is wonderful and you have such beautiful knitted items. I am a knitter as well and I look forward to keeping up with your projects.....