Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Knitting friends...


I knit these booties/socks when we were told at our knit group meeting Saturday, that Lydia (one of our knitting friends) had a baby girl. The baby's name is Basia? (I think this is the spelling) and this is Polish for Barbara in honour of her Grandma. Sweet!
The baby was born at home and she weighed in at over 10lbs...owwwwww!
Yarn:-Red Heart, 'Heart & Sole.' I used Watercolor Stripe and Ivory!
Needles:-Sz#1 DP's
Pattern:-Just a basic sock knit over 40 sts. I did add the 'Circle Sock Pattern" by Anne Campbell on the cuff. I like to use this pattern on the cuff because it's nice and stretchy and if I know anything it's that this baby is a big girl! The socks look so big to me...I am so out of touch with baby sizes, 'tho better too big than too small!
I am also doing more ornaments for the group for Christmas...shhhh...these are all a surprise and I haven't put them on Ravelry yet!
Pattern:-Knitted Christmas Ornament Covers by Judy Sumner.
Yarn:-Noro Daria. It is like heavy string but the colour lengths are gorgeous. This is colour#5...very like jewel tones. The pic. doesn't do the colour justice!
Needles:-Sz#5
I wondered if it would fit over the glass ornament and I kept trying it on....just like I do when knitting socks..hee, hee!
Our group has been knitting squares for lap blankets and we have quite a few done. We are also doing caps for the Vets..
I really enjoy hanging out with my knitting friends every Saturday....mostly it's that I love to gab!
Happy knitting everyone.
Mags.

1 comment:

Beads2yarn said...

These little socks are sooo Adorable.. Love them