Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Bookmarks


This morning I visited my friend's blog http://sheeptoewesocks.blogspot.com/ and she had knit the cutest bookmark. Just her own design.....a little sock....so clever.
Funny thing I had just knit a couple of bookmarks myself.
Pattern:-Flourish Bookmark by Ninaclock Designs. This is a free pattern. If you want to try lace and don't want to take on a big project this one would be ideal. It incorporates a lot of lace stitches but every other row is purled, so it's not too taxing.
Needles:-Sz#1
Yarn:- The pink is Lang Jawoll and the green is Schaefer Anne, just leftover sock..not quite 10 grams in each.
These are quick fun little projects just like the mini socks.
I have been working on a pair of socks....very, very slowly, one of these days I'll finish and surprise you all.
Happy knitting.
Mags.





1 comment:

tammy said...

Beautiful bookmarks too! I'll have to try a lacy one sometime.

I'm working on a sock pattern (new) w/ graphs and not a lot of detail. But I'm FINALLY getting it. It's making sense now. But the sock I'm working on is just a "trial" sock on thicker yarn and needles, so I can see what's going on w/ the pattern better. Then I'll knit the pattern with some real sock yarn and smaller needles. Will be more fun when I can start on the real pair. It will be a while, but I'll put a picture up when I can at least get the first of the pair completed. I've exercised my brain with this pattern. But the other people said it 's a breeze. Oh well.... :)