Monday, May 4, 2009

May textures...



The 'socknitters' challenge for May on Rav. is cables, travelling stitches and a lot more. I choose this one because I have always loved this pattern and it has been on my (mental) to do list...forever:-

Pattern:- Austrian Socks by Candace Eisner Strick, from "Favorite Socks."(I love all her designs.)

Yarn:-Patons Kroy 4ply; colour "Whitecap."

Needles:-Sz#3 for the 9st I-cord cuff and sz#2 for the remainder of the sock!

The 9st I-cord cuff was a challenge for me....it was worked like a cord and then joined using the 'Kitchener' stitch. I'm not sure if I liked the join...maybe a 3 needle bind off would have given nicer results...may try on sox#2!!! Then you pick up 72sts around the cuff band edge...um..interesting.

This pattern is not as difficult as it looks, but does require a fair amoount of concentration.

I know I could have done a Cookie sox..and one of these days I will.

I did do the wrist bands for the grandkids and my SIL will take a pic of the boys wearing them...one of these days!! (Busy people with busy lives!) I did post a 'scary' pic on Rav., teehee!!

Happy knitting.

Mags.

5 comments:

tammy said...

Beautiful sox, it does look difficult w/ much concentration required. My focus has not been good lately. But many Kudos to you\
did I spell that right? it's getting late and been a long day.

Looking forward to seeing your finish pair. You always do such a lovely, nice job on your knitting.

Jackie said...

Hey,

wishing you a Happy Mother's Day..enjoys !

i know u can do it, cant wait to see the FO.

bobbi said...

nice sock, so far.
happy mothers day to you!!

tammy said...

Thank you Mags, and Hope you have had a HAPPY Mother's Day, also.

silfert said...

Oh, yummy! I'm looking for a fingerless mitten pattern; that might be just what I want! Just a few minor adaptations...