Thursday, April 23, 2009

Socks circa 2008 ..done 2009

This is an under appreciated pattern on Ravelry...I can't think why...it's lovely!!! Sort of incorporates everything. Besides the colour work; the "clocks" (design) on these socks are a twisted stitch motif and I did not not use a cable needle. The challenge for me was inverting the stitches on the wrong side rows of the heel flap. Yozie...I had to swatch...the prospect of ripping back twisted stitches would have had me tearing my hair out! I eventually figured it out, but I would have to say that it probably isn't a 100% accurate..but close enough!!!! I totally forgot to do a slip stitch heel..so busy concentrating on the cable twist..hee,hee!
Pattern:-Socks, circa 2008 by Cailyn Meyer.
Yarn:-Opal, colours, teal blue, light blue, mocha and red. (Not sure of the colour numbers.)
Needles:-Sz#1 HiyaHiya 9" circs and Sz#2 (KnitPicks) for the colour work.
I will gift these to our 'Gold Wing' motorcycle group. They are making a ladies basket to auction for charity.
I must really get busy now knitting the 'wee' boys their wrist bands and I have Cookie's book!
Happy knitting.
Mags

3 comments:

tammy said...

once again, beautiful sox! Wish we lived closer and could get together and knit sox w/ each other.
Our needles would be smokeing!Ha....

tammy said...

Hi Mags,

No I"ve not started any yet and have been lookin thru the book. -They look kinda complicated but beautiful. I'll see if my brain will kick in and have that ah-ha! moment.... hope so.

bobbi said...

great photo of a great looking pair of socks.
we bloggers spend so much time taking pictures, don't we.
i have cookies sock book also, do you think there is a knitter out there that doesn't own it yet?