Monday, December 1, 2008

The "Jojo" heel



These sox are for my youngest grandson James for Christmas. He's 5.

I knit them mostly on our 5 1/2 hour drive to visit them at Thanksgiving. I really didn't get as much knitting done as I'd hoped...considering it's 11 hours total in the car!!!
Yarn:- Red Heart; Heart&Sole Colour:- Congo. ( I love this colour and I am a big fan of the yarn; for the price, the wash-ability,the colourways for kids and it's also non-splitty.)

Needles:-Sz#1

I decided to do a short-row "JoJo" heel and I love how it looks. No wraps here!!!!

Pattern:-I just cast on 50sts., and worked a k4 p1rib and carried it down the foot to the toe.

For the heel I used the instructions from a Regia phamplet; No.37.

The 'Grand Poobah" made me blockers for both the boys sizes...did I not tell you we have waaaay too much time on our hands!

Happy knitting.

Mags.


1 comment:

silfert said...

That's a really neat heel! And I hear you about not getting much done in the way of travel knitting. Two dishcloths on the way to Detroit and back? Sheesh. :)