Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Christmas Ball Cozy....









These little knit cozies were made using leftover sox yarn..and they are so cute! I used leftover sox yarn e.g. Claudia, Noro, Red Heart, Trekking, CTH and Opal. Really any self striping or patterned yarn would work! I used Sz#1 DP's and I embellished some with gold embroidery floss. I also knit a little cable on one!!


I loved knitting these and the Grand Poobah made me a little metal tree (similar to a mug tree) to display them....aww..thanks honey!!!

Happy knitting.

Mags.






7 comments:

bobbi said...

i like them. real cute idea for left over yarn.

silfert said...

And a great idea for anyone with toddlers who just can't resist those dangly things on the tree... ;)

tammy said...

Such a good idea for left overs from sock yarn. The tree is so cute! I knit oodles of sox, and my hubby and I went to AC Moore to get some "stuff" and on the way out there was a metal tree a lot like yours and on SALE! I snatched it up and then went and got some of the foam balls to add to my purchase. Now I'm all excited about making these ornaments and hanging on my tree. Thanks for sharing: the pictures are inspiring.
I just happened upon your blog this morning and forgot about it until I saw the tree. To me, that was a sign, to make one for myself.
Have a Merry Christmas and New Year!

tammy said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Mags said...

Hey Tammy~
I deleted your comment..I didn't think you would want your email out there..I kept it..thanx!
Happy knitting.

tammy said...

Thank you for doing that.
Tammy

tammy said...

Hi Mag,

I have completed four of these cute ornaments! I like the size of ball you used, the first ones I purchased were 3# and I like the smaller ones better. I posted some pics on my blog, take a visit. The colors do not show up well from my camera, but look better in person. Have a happy @ healthy new year and keep knitting! smile