Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Scary felted monster...with thumbs!


Maybe not so scary.....altho' he does have huge thumbs.
This little guy is for my grandson James. I promised to knit the boys monsters for awhile now so this guy is long overdue! I'm sure he'll be loved!
Yarn:-Malabrigo worsted weight. Colour:-Oceanos. James' favourite colour is blue.
I used almost a full skein, but had more than enough left for seaming!
Needles:-Sz#10.5 and #8 DP's and a 10" circular 16" length.
Basically I used what needles I had, gauge isn't really important!
Pattern:- I made it up as I went along. I am going to knit another one for Will in his favourite colour orange and then I will write down the pattern .
This little guy after felting measures 9" in length from top of ears. The body width is 10" add the arms and it's about 12.5" wide!
I was going for seamless and for the most part he is...however I made the arms separate and after felting attached them to the inside. When I do Will's I plan to do his a little different and pick up the stitches for the arms. This way there will only be an opening across the top of the head to allow for stuffing! I knit a couple of squares in red and white and felted them for the eyes, big teeth and nose. I used my sewing machine to attach them after felting.
He came out pretty good and is so cute!
Happy knitting everyone!

No comments: