Saturday, May 15, 2010

Handspun happiness!

Here I am draped in handspun.
I just didn't know what I should knit. Altogether I had about 94 grams of yarn. Well, since I love little scarves.....
Pattern:-"Saroyan" by Liz Abinante. This designers patterns include "Traveling Woman" shawl and "Temperance" socks. All her patterns are great.
This is a free pattern on Ravelry.
Needles:-Sz#4
Yarn:-Handspun. Colour "Kingsford charcoal" spun and dyed by Silfert/Audrey.
Although this pattern is written for worsted weight yarn and Sz#10 needles you could easily substitute any yarn and needles.
I did 9 patterns on the increase and decrease portions and 10 patterns on the straight section. I had exactly 2 grams of yarn leftover.
I decided to add beads for a little pizazz on the lovely leaf lace edging. I soaked the scarf for about an hour and then blocked it. It is a beautiful little scarf and is particularly dear to me since it was handspun by Silfert at http://stitchtunes.blogspot.com/ and I know it will get lots of wear!
I have started a 'Baby Shrug' for a friend.
Happy knitting everyone.
Mags.

No comments: