Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Garterlac dishcloths and a 'scrubbie'


This is a free pattern from http://criminyjickets.blogspot.com/2006/07/garterlac-dishcloth.html
If you want to learn entrelac knitting definitely start with dishcloths!!!!
I used a sz #7 circular needles. (With so much turning my stitches would have fallen off dp's .)
I used Sugar'n Cream cotton yarn bought on sale at Michael's...at $1 a skein they were practically giving the stuff away!!!
I loved how fast these knit up and how colourful they were using the variegated yarn.
I had already gifted these to Cath...so thanx Lou for the (lovely) pix.
I knit the 'scrubbie' using the cotton yarn plus tulle I had bought at Jo-Anne's. (I cut the tulle in a big long strip. Started at one corner and cut all the way around or you could cut in strips and tie the ends together, and then wound it into a ball.)
I have since found a pattern for a 'Tribble' a little circular 'scrubbie'
Okay...so now you know how I'm frittering away my life....but they are so addictive!!!!!!
Happy knitting,
Mags

1 comment:

silfert said...

Tulle for a scrubbie? What a great idea!