Friday, September 17, 2010

Shades of 'greenjeans'
















Here finally is Mr Greenjeans. This is Sarah modelling it for you. All my worries about fit were for naught...it's a perfect fit and Sarah loves it!
I finished a couple of days ago but I just got it washed and blocked. Our weather here has been rainy, and it seemed to take forever to dry.
Pattern:-Mr Greenjeans by Amy Swenson from Knitty fall 2007.
Needles:-Sz#8
Yarn:-Araucania nature wool colour #27 "Pea Green." This yarn is classified worsted weight 'tho I'd say it's more light worsted or a double knit! I have to say I like this weight and I love this yarn. What I didn't like was using two different skeins at once but felt I had to since this yarn is kettle dyed creating big variations in each skein.
Modifications:-On the yoke raglan increases I used a 'make one' (R) or (L) instead of a 'yarn over'. I also did a (R) or (L) twist on the knit 2 between these increases.
I made a shawl collar. To do this I marked where I wanted the collar to end and built up this portion of the collar with short rows 'till I reached the desired length.
I made 6 button holes instead of 1. I love these buttons I picked up a Jo~Ann's...a perfect match!
I decided to go with all cables on the cuff and not do the rib and cable pattern. I felt it was just a little too loose. I added 4" to the body and sleeve length....whew!
I am sooo relieved I'm done.
Did I tell you Sarah made me a beautiful sock bracelet and I decided to knit her this cardigan to say "thanks!"
I am now knitting hats for the VA hospital....so fast and easy!
I am also working on a new fabric strip bag.
Happy knitting everyone.
Mags.

No comments: